• DVA Claims • Permanent Impairment Assessments • ADF Transition Medicals • CASA & FAA Pilot Medicals
Navigating Healthcare For Our Veterans
The Australian Veteran Health Services (AVHS) is a boutique medical service designed to assist service personnel in their transition from military life to civilian life.
A medical service run by Veterans for Veterans.
AVHS aims to complement services already out there such as the RSL and Advocacy – filling in the large gaps that currently exist.
AVHS believes that provision of these services will assist Veterans in the most vulnerable part of their lives – the transition from military to civilian life.
AVHS aims to provide several services for Veterans as they discharge from the military and to be the preferred provider of health services to Veterans by DVA.
– Pre-discharge health assessment (funded by Joint Health Command)
– Review of Medical Records and writing of reports for service-related conditions to be submitted to DVA via DVA Diagnosis Forms
– Post-discharge health assessment
– Provision of Permanent Impairment Assessments for Veterans
– Ongoing support in the transition period with nursing, social work and case management staff
– Provision of a ‘matching’ service, referring Veterans to GP in their town of discharge who are familiar with Veteran Health – AVHS will provide a full health transfer package to their new GP
– ADF Transition Medicals along with CASA and FAA Pilot Medicals
– Support Veterans’ families throughout the transition process
NB: Besides CASA and FAA Pilot Medicals, there is no cost to Veterans
1300 766 206
AVHS Location & Hours
Suite 603/2 Wellness Way
Monday to Thursday: 07:30 – 16:00
Friday: 07:30 – 14:30
Closed Public Holidays
Connect With Us
Join our team in providing exceptional healthcare to Veterans
AVHS is always seeking outstanding individuals to join us in making a tangible impact on Veterans’ lives.
Please visit the ‘Work With Veterans’ page here, and follow the link below to explore our current job opportunities.
Please view this .pdf for more detail regarding these services provided by AVHS that are at no cost to Veterans:
- Helping to prepare and lodge DVA claims.
- Permanent impairment assessments – used to assess the % impairment and potential compensation.
- Helping Serving members transition from Military Medical to Civilian Medical environment.
Dates Of Interest
- 11 November – Remembrance Day